Develop what will be important tomorrow.
We are looking for a motivated PhD candidate to develop advanced method for the management for the simulated-assisted design of highly complex systems. The aim is to apply artificial intelligence methods and semantic modeling technologies to enable the creation and automation of complex simulation workflows, as well as to enable higher traceability of the data generated. In addition, the candidate will also work in developing intelligent systems to support these tasks, such as enabling generating design, developing smart assistance systems or enabling natural language interaction with the simulation software.
What part will you play?
- Understand the state-of-the-art of the field of simulation data management and the use of semantic technologies and knowledge graphs in the field.
- Define and execute complex simulation workflows, involving multiple simulation tools and covering multiple scales (component-scale and system-scale) and/or multiple physical domains (mechanical, fluid, thermal).
- Develop novel strategies to facilitate and/or automate the generation and execution of such workflows, as well as the automated execution of downstream processes such as: surrogate model generation, design parameter optimization, model verification and validation, uncertainty quantification.
- Develop methods to ensure traceability of simulation processes.
- Employ artificial intelligence methods to support these tasks and enable advanced features, such as smart recommender systems.
- Develop software prototypes implementing these technologies.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- Basic knowledge of physics-based simulation (at either the system- or component-level) is required.
- Hands-on experience with commercial simulation tools is desired. Experience with Siemens Teamcenter in particular is a plus.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language is required.
- Knowledge of basic coding good practices and tools (version control, code cleanliness) is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of software development processes (automated testing, CI/CD, software architecture concepts, code cleanliness best practices…) is desired.
- Knowledge of cloud development, particularly hands-on experience with any of the larger cloud computing providers (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) is desired.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required. Fluency in German is a plus.
- Proactive attitude, a desire to take ownership of your research topic and ability to work independently.
- Desire to work closely with a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.